All three programs: Sizer, Shearwalls, and Connections for the design of beams and columns, seismic- and wind-resisting shearwalls, and nailed- bolted- and screwed-connections.
With WoodWorks® Sizer, you can size beams, joists, columns and wall studs to meet the 2015 National Design Specification® (NDS® ) for Wood Construction.
- Specify dead, live, snow and wind loads
- Automatically pattern loads
- Generate a materials take-off summary based on your design
- Design for point, line, area, triangular, and trapezoidal loads simultaneously
- Automatically check all load combinations as per IBC 2015, ASCE 7-10
- Analyze the critical load cases for reactions at supports, shear, bending, and deflection
- Generate detailed analysis reports and diagrams
- Generate a list of acceptable sections for dimension lumber, heavy timbers, glulam, LVL, or I-joists
- Use the Materials Database editor to customize the software to your needs
Design Entire Structures – Concept Mode
- Configure and design a complete structure in plan
- Do preliminary designs of structures considering gravity loads using the graphical design and analysis work area
- Perform multi-storey gravity load analysis – sizing all structural members and reporting the reactions at the base
- Export elements from Concept Mode for further analysis into either Beam Mode or Column Mode
Design Beams – Beam Mode
- Design individual wood bending members
- Use Beam Mode to verify the design of critical bending members
- Generate deflection, shear and bending moment diagrams for any beam or joist in your project
- Design single or multi-span beams and joists with or without cantilevers
- Design beams for gravity and uplift loads
- Design beams for gravity and uplift loads
- Specify full, clear or design span
- Design supporting members for bearing
- Design Beams with end and interior notches
Design Columns – Column Mode
- Design individual wood columns, walls, and beam-columns
- Use Column Mode to verify the design of critical compression members
- Design columns and wall studs to resist both axial and lateral loads
- Generate deflection, shear and bending moment diagrams for a single column or wall stud
With WoodWorks® Shearwalls, you can perform complete shearwall design and lateral load analysis.
- Design shearwalls for multi-storey “regular” and some “irregular” (as defined by code) shaped buildings
- Determine hold-down and drag-strut forces and display them graphically
- Design shearwalls with or without hold-downs
- Generate an elevation view to show loads and forces on each shearwall
- Assign loads to shearlines following a flexible or rigid diaphragm analysis
- Import CAD .wmf files to establish the building footprint
- Model wood structures up to six stories
- Specify openings in shearwalls such as windows and doors
- Model roof shapes, including hips, valleys, gables, and overhangs
Wind Load Generation
- Generate wind pressure and resulting diaphragm loads as per NBC low-rise and medium- rise procedures
- Input specific site information
- Manually input lateral loads or modify wind loads that were automatically generated
- Report shearwall material designs for all wind load cases
- Check the capacity of wall sheathing and nailing to resist wind suction (components and cladding loads)
Seismic Load Generation
- Generate seismic loads as per the NBC
- Input site-specific seismic information
- Manually input lateral loads or modify seismic loads that were automatically generated
- Report shearwall material designs for all seismic load cases
With WoodWorks® Connections, you can design new connections or check the capacity of existing ones.
- Produce fully dimensioned, CAD-quality drawings
- Generate a material list for fasteners and steel plates
- Run designs using bolts, nails, timber rivets, shear plates or top-mount hangers
Post & Beam Connections
- Design connectors for beam-to-beam, beam-to-column, and column-to-foundation connections
Lapped Shear Connections
- Design single or double shear connections for wood-to-wood, wood-to-steel, and wood-to-concrete configurations
Pricing and details
Design Office Suite
(includes Shearwalls, Connections, and Sizer)
|Number of Copies||New License
|Upgrade from DO10
|Upgrade from DO9
Upgrade from DO8 (unit price)
|2 copies – 25% discount*||$746.25||$373.13||$485.06||$597.00|
* discount applies if ordered on a single order.
- Reviewed the system requirements.
- Read and understood the PDF License Agreement.
- Used the demonstration version of the software.
- Viewed our Tutorials, Training Videos and FAQs.